-
January 21st, 2003, 10:33 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I watched "King is Alive" The beginning of movie, I noticed it used digital video that transferred to 35mm however I can see it picture mixed between video and film, It is like I can see two eyes move other direct and other 2 eyes go others too that made it looked bad. I realized direct 35mm will be looking better without digital transfer to 35mm. anybody seen that movie before? Jerome, deaf filmmaker
-
January 21st, 2003, 11:12 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I've seen it Jerome, yes.....
....and it was singularly the most painful, pretencious, miserable, dehumanising, tedious, annoying, self indulgent, masturbating pile of crap I've seen in years. It ranks alongside the very worst that Hollywood has ever had to offer. I can't see how it ever got a release, let alone a green light and funding.
I love dogme film-making. I love Festen and The Idiots and Italian for Beginners and Mifune - all Danish notice, and I use the dogme techniques, though not as rules, for all my own work, but The King Is Alive - quelle espece de merde?!
I hope you agree Jerome. It surely can't be much better without the sound, though I guess it would be an improvement [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lucas
-
January 23rd, 2003, 09:24 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks